Whether your house needs a top-to-bottom cleaning or you are just looking for a clever way to attack the little things that bother you, this list of “20 Quick Fixes You Can Do In Five Minutes or Less” can help turn you around.
1. Call an “Electricity Drill.” Everyone in the family is assigned rooms to check for lights, TVs, and unattended computers left on.
2. Sweep your front steps and shake out your welcome mat. Unless you don’t want to be welcoming, in which case you can let it get as crusty as you want.
3. Take a look at your filters. Dirty and disgusting? Take a trip to Home Depot.
4. Cut up some lemons and grind them up in your garbage disposal. It’ll give your kitchen a fresh smell.
5. Do a quick fridge clean out. Take quick inventory of any dairy that’s past its “good by” date and toss spoiled produce. And don’t forget to check the door for mayo that’s been there since the turn of the century.
6. Take a duster to your ceiling fans. They’re nasty.
7. Play “Pick It Up” with your kids. Set the timer on your oven or phone for 60 seconds and race them to see who can pick up and put away more things.
8. Spritz your mirrors. They probably need it.
9. Spritz your windows. They definitely need it.
10. Wipe down your flat screen. If you don’t have the appropriate tool, the dust-free wipe you use for your eyeglasses will work just fine.
11. Check your light bulbs. Have one (or more) that’s out? Swap it out and brighten up the place.
12. Run a baby wipe over your baseboards. It’s a surprisingly good trick for making them look newly painted.
13. Spray your kitchen counters and your cooktop, paying extra attention to any caked-on areas. If you’re watching TV, go back and have a seat while the cleaner does its thing. Get up and wipe them down during the next set of commercials.
14. Do the same thing in your shower. And your toilet.
Tips taken from Realty Times.